Tips & tools
TIPS & TOOLS
Advice for Landlords
ADVICE FOR LANDLORDS
Renting out a property can be highly rewarding (financially) if you do it right. There are many ways to succeed and a few to fail miserably. Please read through our general advices to avoid a few common mistakes.
- Take your time to consider who you would like to offer your property. Is the agency professional, do I feel comfortable with the agent? Do they listen to me? Do I believe this person is capable of saying no to potential clients who would not match my requirements?
- First impressions count – at least this is sure for properties. Try to tidy up your property for our agent to take photos and to feel comfortable in your property. The material will be used for our website and should be of good quality. The clients usually judge first based on the pictures they see and on the agents description. Later for viewings we recommend to air a little, open the blinds and keep the place clean and tidy.
- Sometimes it is advisable to keep a few personal items in a property to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere, however it is good to find a healthy balance and usually the less is more.
- Could you do any changes to the décor which are not overly costly but have a huge impact?
- Is everything working fine (water, electricity, heating system, air conditioning, pool pump, irrigation system, etc.).
- Being present at viewings or not – this is a subject for itself. We recommend you to be present if you feel you can contribute value to the viewing. This is however a personal decision which you should take yourself as you feel it is right.
- Make sure you tell our agents everything you know about the property and inform us of any imperfections and highlights equally. Sell your property to us, there is always a reason why you purchased the place in the beginning. Let us participate in your way of thinking. You may not be the only one with such thoughts.
- The money invested in a fairly small lawyer’s fee might pay off if you encounter an unexpected problem with your tenant when it comes to pay or move out. We want to avoid you hearing this sentence from a lawyer you will have to consult: “You should have come earlier. It would have been easier with my contract.”
- We are often asked if furnished or unfurnished rents better. It highly depends on your property and style. Our agents will happily advise you on an individual basis.
- Most owners wish to indicate if animals are allowed.
- While you rent is in place, you are only allowed to enter your property with the permission of the tenant.
Service for Landlords
SERVICE FOR LANDLORDS
Your property is probably the source of many fond memories, an investment, your own home, an inheritance or simply the result of extremely hard work. Letting your property is therefore a delicate decision and it requires the same delicacy from an agency to find tenants who treat your property with the utmost care. We cannot control what will happen behind closed doors; however our team consists of professionals equipped with a healthy intuition and years of experience to find the most suitable tenant for you. The service we provide in securing the renter is free of charge - We advise and oblige owners to involve a lawyer for the rental contract in their own interest. We assist with lawyers´ contacts should the owners need a referral.
These are the services we offer you free of charge:
- Personal viewing of your property by our Real Estate Executive after which we offer a valuation and advise regarding the rental price
- Information about the current property market
- Option of contracts in three languages: English, Spanish, German
- Highly professional local and international marketing of your Mallorca property including a daily updated and user friendly property website
- A fleet of 16 comfortable company cars to drive our customers comfortably to the property of their interest
- A warm welcome, inviting and modern conference rooms and an atmosphere and philosophy to serve your best interest
- First Mallorca´s multi-lingual staff speaking currently 12 languages offer support in all matters concerning rentals & sales
- Our finance & administration team takes our landlords through the completion process, providing a most comprehensive package of assistance and advice in relation to financial and legal matters to ensure a smooth Mallorca Property let transaction